Saturday, April 16, 2011

Duluth Robins

Courtesy of my Dad:
I've never seen so many robins in my life, even in a season. They're out front under the crabapple tree. Some are up on the branches knocking the dried crabapples down, and the others are enjoying the works of the others. Out back, it's similar but a better variety of birds, mostly ground feeders. So I've been throwing out a cup of seeds every hour or so. Fun to watch, for sure. I'm used to seeing robins on warmer, moist days in spring, not with a snow cover. These hardy souls were definitely on the hunt for nutrition after almost two days of strong winds.






1 comment:

  1. Glad you are coming to the rescue! Great photos and updates from the Northland! How do these little marvels survive it really is a mystery?

    ReplyDelete